Need assistance with insurance?
We can help.
Mallinckrodt is committed to helping you from prescription to treatment.
From the moment your doctor prescribes Acthar, you’ll be supported every step of the way. To begin the process, a Case Manager will call to get you started and provide an overview of the process for obtaining Acthar.
Here is how it works:
- Your doctor will send your Acthar prescription to the Acthar Hub, which is a no-cost resource that provides information about benefits, insurance coverage, and home delivery of medication. A personal Case Manager is assigned to support you throughout the process
- Your Case Manager at the Acthar Hub will work with your doctor and insurance company to determine your eligibility for coverage, and will work through any plan requirements and/or approvals. Responding to the plan requirements may take some time, but your Case Manager will help you through this process
- You may receive calls from your Case Manager to request additional information and to provide you with status updates. Be sure to answer calls from any toll-free number or blocked caller, as they may be someone contacting you regarding your prescription for Acthar
- The Specialty Pharmacy will call you to schedule delivery of your medication and will track the shipment
- Acthar will be delivered to your door
The Acthar Hub is a no-cost resource that provides information about insurance coverage and home delivery. Your own personal Case Manager at the Hub will support you throughout the process of obtaining Acthar.
At the request of your doctor, your Case Manager will contact your insurance company to determine your coverage and any out-of-pocket costs, and work through plan requirements and/or approvals.
To learn more about the Acthar Hub, call 1-888-435-2284 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 9 PM ET and Saturday from 9 AM to 2 PM ET.
Here's what happens when your doctor prescribes Acthar through the Acthar Hub:
- You receive a welcome call from your Case Manager at the Hub
- If you miss the call, please call back toll-free at 1-888-435-2284
- Your Case Manager discusses the process for obtaining insurance coverage, your co-pay or coinsurance, and injection training with you
- An Acthar Welcome Letter and Starter Kit arrive at your home
- Your Case Manager works with your doctor and insurance company to determine coverage. If you hear from your insurance company, please let your Case Manager know
- Your Specialty Pharmacy calls to schedule delivery
- Required: You must confirm delivery timing with the Specialty Pharmacy to receive Acthar
- Acthar is shipped to your home in a refrigerated container
- A signature is required for delivery because someone must be available to place the Acthar vials in the refrigerator when they are received
- Optional: A licensed nurse can provide free injection training in your home, online, or by phone to help you or your care partner learn to inject Acthar on your own. If you are interested in this service, which is offered at no cost to you, let your Case Manager know and he or she will work with your doctor on the request. Learn more about Injection Training now.
Please note, if your doctor prescribes Acthar directly through a Specialty Pharmacy, the Acthar Hub will not receive your information. Please contact your doctor’s office to let them know that you would like to receive the services and support of the Acthar Hub. Alternatively, call 1-888-435-2284 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 9 PM ET, and Saturday from 9 AM to 2 PM ET, to speak to a Case Manager about receiving Acthar Hub services.
Financial assistance options
If you have commercial or private insurance, you may be eligible for the Acthar Commercial Co-pay Program. The program provides the following:
- $0 co-pay for eligible patients*
- Enrollment over the phone during the Acthar welcome call or any time you are speaking with your Case Manager
- Automatic processing by the Acthar Specialty Pharmacy with no attempt to collect a co-pay
If you have government insurance, you may be eligible to receive financial support through Independent Charitable Foundations.
- Your Case Manager will provide information on Independent Charitable Foundations, fund availability, and contact information, and will let you know about documentation you may have to provide
- Please note that you will be responsible for working with the Independent Charitable Foundations and applying for funding
- Mallinckrodt does not determine Independent Charitable Foundations’ fund eligibility criteria, or have any influence over the patients chosen or types of assistance provided
If you do not have insurance coverage, you may be able to receive financial support through the Acthar Patient Assistance Program.
- Mallinckrodt provides Acthar at no cost to eligible patients with a valid, on-label prescription for Acthar who have no insurance, are underinsured, or are rendered uninsured
- Your Case Manager will transfer you to the Acthar Patient Assistance Program to determine eligibility†
- This program is administered via a third-party organization
*The Acthar Commercial Co-pay Program provides drug co-pay assistance of up to $25,000 per calendar year for each eligible patient. This program is not for patients receiving prescription reimbursement under any federal-, state-, or government-funded insurance programs or where prohibited by law. Additional Terms and Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Mallinckrodt ARD, Inc. reserves the right to terminate or modify this program at any time without notice.
†Acthar Patient Assistance Program eligibility criteria:
- Valid Acthar prescription for an FDA-approved indication
- Permanent US resident
- Household income at or below 700% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Patients may be subject to random income verification to determine eligibility